Dr. Ryan Ranit, D.C.
Dr. Ryan is a founding member of NuVista Chiropractic and Wellness which has been serving the South Okanagan since 2016. His goal in care is simple: to help people move and live better regardless of their age and activity levels. His expertise is in treating chronic low back pain, disc related injuries and sciatic pain. He also enjoys working with weekend warriors, endurance athletes, weight lifting injuries and general practice.
Dr. Ryan’s approach employs a blend of adjustments, soft tissue manipulation, Shockwave and corrective exercise. He has a background in nutrition, personal training and olympic weight lifting that makes him an excellent fit for anyone looking to lead a more active lifestyle. He understands that every patient has different reasons for seeking care and strives to work with them to accomplish their goals. With his positive outlook on life and quick sense of humour, Dr. Ryan makes all his patients feel comfortable and well cared for in the office.
Dr. Ryan’s qualifications and post-graduate continuing education include:
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, DC (University of Western States)
- Masters in Exercise and Sports Science (University of Western States)
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition (Oregon State University)
- Shockwave Therapy
- Active Release Technique
- Graston/FAKTR Technique
- Kinesiology Taping – Exercise and Rehabilitation Therapy
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Mackenzie Method
- Back Pain Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention with Stuart McGill
During his free time he enjoys leading an active lifestyle and exploring the Okanagan with his wife, Dr. Shayna and their dog Tucker. Dr. Ryan enjoys weight lifting, running, cycling and hiking and is currently training for his first marathon and triathlon.